Frequently Asked Questions?
We’ve tried to answer the most Frequently Asked Questions below…
but if you’ve got a question that we haven’t answered please Get in Touch! We’ll be more than happy to help.
How many children?
Our workshops are designed to accommodate 60 children in 2 sessions. However, we can adapt this to meet the needs of up to 90 children in 3 sessions (this may require some adjustment to the running order).
Are the resources risk assessed?
Yes, each and every resource has been risk assessed and Ophira also have health and safety policies in place.
Is the workshop age appropriate?
All our workshops are all adaptable to cater for the needs of each key stage including EYFS.
That said, we have found Iron-Age Farmyard is loved by the younger children and Base Camp Well-Being is more suited to KS2.
Why book an Ophira workshop?
Ophira are a totally unique and independent provider with amazing resources and a wealth of experience in teaching. On top of this, our quality is second to none and we are highly competitive on rates.
We believe that Base Camp Well-Being is a completely original concept which responds to the needs of children under modern life pressures.
How much will it cost?
Prices start from £225 for the day. For this, you will get a fully qualified and experienced teacher, our fabulous resources and travel up to 100 miles from Portsmouth*. Don’t forget that parental contributions can sometimes exceed the cost
Are the workshops curriculum linked?
With the exception of Base Camp Well-being which focuses on children’s mental health, yes. The 3 other workshops currently available have a strong grounding in science but cross curricular links are included. To discuss this in more detail, please get in touch.
Does a member of staff need to be present?
As a fully qualified teacher will be delivering your workshop, there is no need for anyone else to be present however, we would kindly ask that a TA/LSA is available as they know the children. Of course, if the teacher wishes to take part, they will be very welcome.
Our hall is used for lunches?
This is the case in most settings, so no problem! We will discuss the day with you and we will arrange a timetable to suit you.
Do the children need PE Kit?
No. As long as the children are comfortable, that’s good enough.
Do we pay in advance?
No, invoices will be issued upon completion and payment is required within 28 days however, exceptions will be made with a local authority by prior arrangement.
Our workshop guarantee is a truly fun and inspiring day to remember.
- Fully qualified experienced teacher
- Completely unique workshop days created by Ophira to ensure ensuring consistent excellence
- Age appropriate customisation
- Ongoing investment and development to ensure best practice
- Our service is delivered to Ofsted standards
- An inclusive cost* (Teacher, resources and travel within designated area).
- Current Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services checks
- Comprehensive insurance and safeguarding policies
- An interactive, educational, memorable fun day for your school.
- Impressive resources
- Paediatric first aid qualified staff
- Continually revise and update cross curricular links in order to support National Curriculum objectives.
- Attend ongoing External provider training
- Work towards suitable recognition schemes
- Health & Safety policies and resource risk assessments
- Professionally affiliated
*45p per mile beyond designated area, a surcharge applies for London Boroughs and a ferry charge is application for the Isle of Wight
Regretfully we only operate on a full day basis due to the extensive of the resources we bring to your school, nursery or venue.
FREE School Assembly! Your children will be delighted with an assembly in which the whole school can participate.
Always worth it
Always strive for the best future